Imagine the picture of millions of skyscrapers dotting the horizon and shoppers bargaining at one of the stalls in the Orchard Road. Zoom in from a sylvan perspective, and explore a whole new Singapore. Dive with sharks, go mountain biking, water skiing and work up sweat with rock climbing. Swap a sally in a multiplex, or a stroll on an offshore island or a walk in the park.
Singapore has its fingers on the pulse of the green belts. The country’s soul is alive and is throbbing fast. Experience a startling side to one of the most glitzy cities of Asia. If you are new to the place or are planning to relocate there soon, don’t miss out the following venues while jaunting through the shopping malls or enjoying a cocktail at the clubs.
- Pulau Ubin: This languid island treats you to mangrove swamps, grimy tracks, mountain bike trails, wooden houses, and takes you to the Singapore of the 60’s epoch. Hire a bike and watch where the road takes you.
- Fort Canning Park: Located at the back of the National Museum of Singapore is the Fort Canning Park. Perched on the top of a hill, the place is perfect for strolling through the spice gardens, watching colonial era buildings or just relaxing besides the Singapore river.
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve: This is the highest summit in Singapore. Here you can watch the tigers roving around the rainforests and monkeys clattering noisily through the boughs.
- Pasir Ris Park: Take your kids to a pony ride or birdwatching at the Pasir Ris Park. Relax at the beach side bars to wash down chilled sun-downers.
- Kuru island: The best time to visit this tiny island is around September-October, the rest of the times it remains deserted. Enjoy at the blue Lagoons or pay a visit to the Chinese temple or the Malay shrine at the top of the hill.
- Southern Ridges: The Southern Ridges cover Mt Faber, Telok Blangah, Kent Ridge and Hort parks. It is one of the best walking tracts in the country and takes visitors across the Henderson Waves, the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore.
Once you move in to the island country you will discover that it is far more than what you bargained for. To make your moving experience convenient and easy, there are a number of moving companies in Singapore which provide professional assistance in safely packing and moving your stuff. So what are you waiting for, avail the services of one of these relocation companies in Singapore, dust off your credit card and plunge right in.