Moving to a new country might not be all that exciting and fascinating always. You might end up disliking the new cuisine, lifestyle or language. But if it is Bangkok you are relocating to, things can be different and thrilling. Treat yourself with an evening cruise at the Chao Phraya river, go shopping at the floating markets of Damnoen Saduak or get a revitalizing massage at Ruen Nuad, Bangkok has something to offer to everyone.
If you are wondering what to do and where to start for your Bangkok sightseeing tour, given below is a list of must-visit for anyone who is a foreigner to Bangkok. Just pick up your pen and start ticking the checklist:
- Chatuchak Weekend Market: One of the largest markets in the world, the place is an amalgam of different products ranging from antique sneakers to baby squirrels. Popularly dubbed as JJ, the market is a shopper’s paradise.
- Wat Phra Kaew: The temple is known for the magnificent architecture and the glory associated to it. Home to the country’s most pious image, the Emerald Buddha, the temple is the spiritual nucleus of Thai Buddhism.
- Grand Palace: Previously the royal residence, the Grand Palace is used today for performing traditional rituals on special ceremonies. Visitors are however permitted to explore the palace and the adjoining four buildings.
- National Museum: The National Museum of Thailand is the largest museum in South-east Asia. It provides an informative insight into the historical surveys and religious sculptures of Thailand.
- Baan Krua: One of the most ancient communities of Bangkok, the village’s existence dates back to the 18th century. It is believed that this piece of land was awarded as a trophy to the locals of Vietnam and Cambodia who allied with the Thai king.
If you are relocating to Bangkok, you are moving to one of the liveliest cities of Thailand, which buzzes all day round. By hinging on the expert services provided by the international movers in Singapore you can reduce the stress of packing and moving. There are a number of companies which provide secured moving experiences from Singapore to Bangkok at affordable prices.